Please visit our new site
3D-Coat - Texturing of 3D Model, Download to download 3D-Coat v.2.07
Here you can download demo version of the program 3D-Coat 2.07
Press DOWNLOAD to download the 3D Brush.
Limitations of the 3D-Brush demo version:
-all export functions are disabled
-limitation on quantity of layers per object, maximum 7 layers allowed
-maximum texture size is 2048x2048
The 3D-Brush software should not be used in the production of any lewd or obscene materials as well as of any products which propagandize hatred against people. We understand that we are not able to check you but we warn you about responsibility before God.
OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista
CPU: 1000Mhz or better
RAM: 512Mb (1024 recommended)
Video: Radeon 9600/Nvidia 5600 128Mb (256 recommended) or better
DirectX 9.0c or better
You can download Manual
in .pdf layout
Press DOWNLOAD to download the manual in .pdf layout or you can read manual here
Features of the program:
1) Usual workflow. At input you provide an OBJ file of 1-100 thousand polygons, preferrably with UV-mapping in place,
at output you get either an object of 1-10 million polygons or textures of normals, displacement, color,
transparency and specular. Maximal texture size is 4096 per 4096. Fully seamless texturing provided!
2) Relief, color, specular. Possibility to draw relief detailing, color, specular and transparency on model's surface.
3) Copy/Paste. All you previously did in 2D now can be done in 3D – editing with layers, cloning surface areas,
image transforming on surface, Copy/Paste, filling sealed areas, gradient filling, filling area inside contour,
darkening, lightening, smoothening, sharping and so on.
4) Technology of 3D-Brush. Small geometry details get automatically added onto normal map, while large ones modify the geometry.
As a result, the object of 40 to 80 thousand polygons displayed on screen looks as of 5 to 10 million polygons
owing to detailed normal map.
5) Normal map gets instantly formed, so you can view the object in low-polygonal mode and straight
away see how it is going to look in your game or scene. This is particularly important for developing games.
6) Details, applied along a spline. You can easily add details, applied along a spline, such as chains, bandages, fringe, zipper.
Details can be imported as from 3D objects, so as from images.
7) Channels of pen. Pens you draw with contain plenty of channels - depth, color, specular, eraser mask. This allows to
considerably speed up the object detailing as you can both apply relief detailing and draw with color.
8) Body sculpting. Although 3D-Brush is more oriented for small detailing, it allows for global object modification, body sculpting too. You can easily bend a hand or a finger, enlarge the head, change object proportions or posture.
9) Object deforming tool. You can fix several points on the object's surface and pull one of them to see the object smoothly
deforming. For example, you can easily create a smile or enlarge the object's ear by simply pulling it having fixed
10) Text scribing. You can easily scribe text any way you like, even wrap the text around the object.
11) Fill with fractals and materials. Closed-up areas can be filled with fractals and materials which contain depth, color and specular.
The material can be applied not only from camera, but also with use of cubic mapping.
12) Transfer details from photo. You can transfer details onto the object straight from a photo.
13) Draw with contour, square. You can draw not only with a pen, but also with a contour, square, line linking two dots or a spline curve.
This allows drawing not only soft organic forms, but also even, strict 'man-made' forms.
14) Connection with Adobe Photoshop. Working in 3D-Brush you can edit texture or current projection in the external graphics editor, and this works
with layers in place! For example, you can add a layer in Adobe Photoshop and it will get automatically transferred
15) Posibility to edit in external 2D editor. Virtually all can be edited in external 2D editor – pens, current selected area, clipboard contents,
while preserving channels of depth, color, specular.
16) High resolution textures. Exporting textures and 32-bit displacement.
17) Generation of UV. Automatic generation of UV coordinates enabled
18) Several textures. Support of objects with several textures.